Formed over forty years ago, our Writers Circle is based in Felixstowe, Suffolk. Meetings are held in The Room at the Top in Felixstowe Library, normally on the first and third Tuesday of each month commencing at 7.30pm and finishing by 10.00pm. Check this weblog for details of meetings.

There is an annual November to November fee of £30, April to November is £20 and June to November £15. For members preferring to pay at each meeting the charge is £5 per meeting. To contact Felixstowe Scribblers simply email scribblers.1@btinternet.com or the Secretary, catherine.stafford1@ntlworld.com

Friday 17 June 2011

Coaching for writers

I wanted to make The Felixstowe Scribblers aware of a new service I am offering - Coaching for Writers - and wondered if you would mind bringing this to the attention of the Scribblers?

Earlier this year, I became an accredited coach, having successfully completed the Arvon Foundation/NAWE Coaching Skills for Writers course. Details of my practice can be found on the coaching page of my web site at www.andrewcburton.co.uk/coaching.html

The aim of coaching is to provide a safe, supportive and challenging space in which writers and aspiring writers can explore what they want to achieve, and identify the steps needed to turn these goals into reality. My sessions usually cost £35 per hour for waged people and £28 per hour for unwaged people, but I would like to offer members of Felixstowe Scribblers an introductory discount of 20% on each of these prices, effective until the end of September 2011. Anyone who is not satisfied after an initial consultation with me will be offered a full refund.

I have been working with writers for over 25 years; as a director, a programmer of theatre writing workshops at the New Wolsey Theatre Ipswich, a script reader, a judge on the East Anglian Daily Times Short Story competition, host of the Ipswich Writers' Cafe and, most recently, as Creative Programme Manager for Writers’ Centre Norwich.

The sessions usually take place at my home in Ipswich, but I also travel throughout the region to deliver this work - some of it via Writers' Centre Norwich, for example, and on 3 July I will be holding a day-long series of one-to-one coaching sessions at Menagerie Theatre's Sparks Festival in Cambridge. So if any Scribblers were interested, I would be happy to travel to Felixstowe.

Do let me know if this is something you think the Scribblers may be interested in.

Kind Regards

Andrew Burton
Arts Consultant / Project Manager / Accredited Coach

www.andrewcburton.co.uk
andrewcburton@hotmail.co.uk