Formed over forty years ago, our Writers Circle is based in Felixstowe, Suffolk. Meetings are held in The Room at the Top in Felixstowe Library, normally on the first and third Tuesday of each month commencing at 7.30pm and finishing by 10.00pm. Check this weblog for details of meetings.

There is an annual November to November fee of £30, April to November is £20 and June to November £15. For members preferring to pay at each meeting the charge is £5 per meeting. To contact Felixstowe Scribblers simply email scribblers.1@btinternet.com or the Secretary, catherine.stafford1@ntlworld.com

Sunday 10 June 2012

My perfect pitch

Your writers group will undoubtedly be aware of the costs involved when purchasing Writer’s Yearbooks for submitting work to publishers.


I own a website which contains an unrivalled database of book publishers who are currently accepting submissions. It isn’t just a general publishers list. Each link leads directly to the submissions page. I have over 1000 publishers worldwide covering all genres.

The site is completely free. It doesn’t contain any self-publishing links or vanity companies. It’s a genuinely open resource. Perhaps you would consider offering this information to your members?

This could either be in the form of a link on your site (which I would reciprocate if you wish), or by simply forwarding my URL in your newsletter or at a meeting. As a published author myself I know I would have appreciated a resource like this when I was looking for my first book deal.

Please have a look at my site, you can then either get back to me here or there. Thank’s for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you.

(In case the links don't work my url is http://www.myperfectpitch.com/ )

Brian Grove