Formed over forty years ago, our Writers Circle is based in Felixstowe, Suffolk. Meetings are held in The Room at the Top in Felixstowe Library, normally on the first and third Tuesday of each month commencing at 7.30pm and finishing by 10.00pm. Check this weblog for details of meetings.

There is an annual November to November fee of £30, April to November is £20 and June to November £15. For members preferring to pay at each meeting the charge is £5 per meeting. To contact Felixstowe Scribblers simply email scribblers.1@btinternet.com or the Secretary, catherine.stafford1@ntlworld.com

Friday 30 January 2015

Proof reading...

Scribblers members only, please remember Clive, who is unable to attend at present, has offered his services in the past to proof read. If you are interested in Clive helping, then please contact me and I will forward details on.

The following is from Amy Fox...


I'm a freelance proofreader and copyeditor and I'm writing to ask whether you would mind passing on my details to your members?

For most people - myself included! - spotting mistakes in your own work is much harder than spotting them in others', so even the best writers can still benefit from getting a professional to look over their work - especially if they are thinking of self-publishing, or submitting manuscripts to publishers. 

I have five years of experience and training from the Society for Editors and Proofreaders. If you're unsure or you're on a budget, I'm very happy for you to get in touch for an informal chat to see whether there's anything I can do to help. Just email me on amyfoxwrites@gmail.com.

Thanks so much,

Amy Fox
Freelance writer and editor