Formed over forty years ago, our Writers Circle is based in Felixstowe, Suffolk. Meetings are held in The Room at the Top in Felixstowe Library, normally on the first and third Tuesday of each month commencing at 7.30pm and finishing by 10.00pm. Check this weblog for details of meetings.

There is an annual November to November fee of £30, April to November is £20 and June to November £15. For members preferring to pay at each meeting the charge is £5 per meeting. To contact Felixstowe Scribblers simply email scribblers.1@btinternet.com or the Secretary, catherine.stafford1@ntlworld.com

Monday 13 April 2020

Updating...


Without sounding silly in the current circumstances, I hope you have all managed to enjoy Easter so far. Hasn’t it been strange? Our lives restricted worse, some old ‘uns tell me, than the war. Leastways there are no bombing raids.

Something I meant to do was tidy up my Spam boxes on my email accounts and there, surprisingly, was an email from our dear friend Ray Foster. His wife is not too well as we know, but now this lockdown situation hasn’t made things any better. Having said that Ray tells me he has caught up on reading the ‘Famous Five' and 'Biggles' novels which he finds so refreshing in this day and age. He also has a collection of '50's and 60's novels that the PC crew have not tampered with! Happy reading Ray!

It was almost a shock having a thunderstorm, albeit a short one, yesterday afternoon. It got me thinking about a couple of times when I’ve been affected and so I thought it would be nice for our WhatsApp members to come up with a hundred words on “THUNDER.” That’s happening right now and there are a couple of stories posted already.

I have found the WhatsApp link has helped revive some of my flagging writing. If you’re not a member of the group and have WhatsApp then Justin will do the necessary to join you up.

As far as our usual homework is concerned, it would be great if we can all create your usual gems and post them in to me at scribblers.1@btinternet.com Although we can’t read them out, I am currently posting one story a week on the weblog until such time (same old excuse coming up!) we can find a password protected site that we can all use without the general public looking in.

Our ‘Trapped’ homework finishes on Wednesday when a new one homework begins. This time we, that is the boss, Georgina, and I think it would be good to give you all the freedom to write between 500 and 750 words on any subject or theme you wish. Deadline for these stories 28 April.

Talking of Georgina, she has been posting some interesting links for tips and competitions. Here are two of my own which might prove useful to you. They are:  

bang2write.com

and


The time has come for me to leave you in peace… don’t forget to keep checking the weblog for further news and tips that might pop up. 

Keep smiling if you can, or tearing your hair out if you must, but, most of all,

Stay safe.

Dave.