Formed over forty years ago, our Writers Circle is based in Felixstowe, Suffolk. Meetings are held in The Room at the Top in Felixstowe Library, normally on the first and third Tuesday of each month commencing at 7.30pm and finishing by 10.00pm. Check this weblog for details of meetings.

There is an annual November to November fee of £30, April to November is £20 and June to November £15. For members preferring to pay at each meeting the charge is £5 per meeting. To contact Felixstowe Scribblers simply email scribblers.1@btinternet.com or the Secretary, catherine.stafford1@ntlworld.com

Tuesday 18 May 2021

Prompts competitions and an important announcement

I hope you are all keeping well.


First, let me pass on the latest Micro Monday prompt from Georgina. It is:


"Randomly Selected."


That could be a great theme for a short 200 word story.


Looking forward to seeing some stories on the WhatsApp site. It would be great to see a few from members who haven't contributed yet!


For the Repository we have another competition this time round. It is the Jack Wilkinson competition, a story about children for an adult audience. As this is a competition I would suggest a word limit of a maximum of 1,500 words. The deadline is 1st June. Further details will follow in due course.



Perhaps we are approaching the time when we will be able to meet again in person. I have to tell you that currently I am unable to make any journey to Felixstowe as my health isn't too good. This might be an appropriate time for someone out there to take over the organisation and running of Felixstowe Scribblers. I think I've more than served my apprenticeship and have done my time. It is time for one of you to step forward and take over the reigns. What does that mean? Basically it means arranging dates for meetings and liaising with the library (or any other venue) and maintaining contact and providing up to date information and news to our membership.


Any offers please? I'd hate to see the Scribblers fold after all these years.


Dave.