Formed over forty years ago, our Writers Circle is based in Felixstowe, Suffolk. Meetings are held in The Room at the Top in Felixstowe Library, normally on the first and third Tuesday of each month commencing at 7.30pm and finishing by 10.00pm. Check this weblog for details of meetings.

There is an annual November to November fee of £30, April to November is £20 and June to November £15. For members preferring to pay at each meeting the charge is £5 per meeting. To contact Felixstowe Scribblers simply email scribblers.1@btinternet.com or the Secretary, catherine.stafford1@ntlworld.com

Wednesday 5 August 2020

August already

Some good news has just arrived from Jim. He says:

"For some time I have thought there was too many competitions mentioned on the blog – but one day one came along that I fancied so I entered and now I have been told I am one of the lucky winners!
"On 22 June you told us about the Two Minute Duologues requested by the INK Theatre Company and BBC Radio Suffolk who were looking for 2 minute Duologues on any subject and in any style.
"My Duologue was based on my story Primary which is in the Repository and it is a shorter modified version. I have heard the recording which will be broadcast on Radio Suffolk and I think it’s great. I admit I am slightly biased!
"It will be broadcast in the next few weeks. I will let you know the date and time when they inform me.
"So thank you for mentioning all these competitions on the blog. You never know your luck!"

Looking forward to hearing the story when its broadcast. We always knew we had a bit of a story teller with Jim. Thanks to Georgina he entered the competition and ... didn't he do well?

Now to the current writing prompts.

First, Manic Monday: up to 200 words on the following:

"Whatever happened to..."

Deadline 10 August 2020.

And then the Repository prompts:

"The White Lie Mattered", "A Joyous Adventure" or "Denial".

No word limit but the deadline is 18 August 2020.

Good luck writing!

Stay safe and

Keep Scribbling!!!