Formed over forty years ago, our Writers Circle is based in Felixstowe, Suffolk. Meetings are held in The Room at the Top in Felixstowe Library, normally on the first and third Tuesday of each month commencing at 7.30pm and finishing by 10.00pm. Check this weblog for details of meetings.

There is an annual November to November fee of £30, April to November is £20 and June to November £15. For members preferring to pay at each meeting the charge is £5 per meeting. To contact Felixstowe Scribblers simply email scribblers.1@btinternet.com or the Secretary, catherine.stafford1@ntlworld.com

Wednesday 21 September 2011

News...

Our former member Judy and partner Ron will be addressing a meeting of U3A on next years programme on a subject they are well versed in - Burma. Judy, if you recall was author of 'Like Ships that Pass in the Night'.

Angela should return to England next month and hopes to make a meeting soon after that. She says:
'I shall try and do some homework for that. Am just over half way through with my re-writing/pruning/murdering/hair-tearing-out/re-hash of my novel, which was comprehensively edited by Maureen. I heartily recommend her. It was good to have an impartial assessment. Keep on pouring out the words at whatever pace...'

Message from Debbie who has been unable to attend for some time, that she hopes to be back with us soon.

Ruth tells us:
'If any of you are in Felixstowe on Saturday I shall be book signing in WHSmith from 11 - 1pm. And there will be a photographer coming along from the local paper, so please pop in or else it'll just be me looking forlorn next to a pile of books!

'When I signed at Magpie it was lovely to see Ray & Dick - thanks both for popping in.

'Just to keep you updated, I am still doing lots of events around the country - mainly book groups. I'm editing my next novel, ready for submission, and in the meantime The Sacrificial Man will be touted at Frankfurt book fair. It's already had interest from Germany.

'I know this all sounds like I'm `living the dream`, and it is wonderful to finally be in print and to know the book is selling (albeit in modest amounts). But what this shows is that it IS possible - it's just about tenacity & good luck & waiting... I wish you all luck and, as always, if I can be of any help I'd be happy to be contacted.'