Formed over forty years ago, our Writers Circle is based in Felixstowe, Suffolk. Meetings are held in The Room at the Top in Felixstowe Library, normally on the first and third Tuesday of each month commencing at 7.30pm and finishing by 10.00pm. Check this weblog for details of meetings.

There is an annual November to November fee of £30, April to November is £20 and June to November £15. For members preferring to pay at each meeting the charge is £5 per meeting. To contact Felixstowe Scribblers simply email scribblers.1@btinternet.com or the Secretary, catherine.stafford1@ntlworld.com

Saturday 30 May 2015

Our next meeting

Our next meeting is rapidly approaching - it is on Tuesday 2nd June - June already! - and the start time is at 7.30pm. The homework theme is 'Contradiction'  so your stories on the subject should be up to 1,000 words in length. As always if you find this subject difficult than you can provide a story of your own within the word limit.

As you will know several of us attended Les's funeral last Wednesday and, despite the Suffolk Show traffic, we still arrived in good time. I know not everybody could be there but I know their thoughts were. It was a lovely service with Caz reading her own poem to Les. It was a lovely tribute to a wonderful character. 

A note from Brian Grove that might be helpful to us as well. He says:

My site is  www.myperfectpitch.com . It contains a global database of several hundred traditional publishers who accept submissions from all authors, whether they are represented by an agent or not, and they all pay advances. Every conceivable genre is covered. It’s a free to access for everybody.  

Earlier thi
 s year I rebuilt/upgraded the site. It’s now much improved, but somewhere during the process I messed up the SEO, and Google completely de-listed me. I went from good exposure to next to nothing in the search results. And I can‘t seem to get it back. I really need some back links.  

Would you be kind enough to help me by linking to my site again? I particularly need one to my  UK & Ireland Publishers page here , or alternatively to the Home Page. 

Brian