Formed over forty years ago, our Writers Circle is based in Felixstowe, Suffolk. Meetings are held in The Room at the Top in Felixstowe Library, normally on the first and third Tuesday of each month commencing at 7.30pm and finishing by 10.00pm. Check this weblog for details of meetings.

There is an annual November to November fee of £30, April to November is £20 and June to November £15. For members preferring to pay at each meeting the charge is £5 per meeting. To contact Felixstowe Scribblers simply email scribblers.1@btinternet.com or the Secretary, catherine.stafford1@ntlworld.com

Thursday 13 April 2017

A new book and an invitation...

I've had an interesting email from our friend Angela who moved away from the area some time ago. She tells me about her new book so hopefully you will be interested in this sequel to her first book which was, to say the least, an excellent read. Here she tells of some of the problems she had when her publishers went bust.

Now I look forward to obtaining her new book and enjoying it as much as I did the first one. Hope you follow course and get a copy.

Here's what Angela says: 

I’ve been busy writing a sequel to my first book (which used to be “Never Again” but which I re-published under the new title of “Tuscan Roots”, as the publishing company I was with went bust and I lost all rights and royalties to it.)
The sequel is “Now and Then in Tuscany” and it will be available from April 15th. It took me 5 years to write – I don’t know how clever Ruth does it, publishing books with such frequency...
I now belong to a writers’ group with the U3A and four of us are having a joint launch on April 30th at Arundel Museum.

In the meantime – and in an effort to drum up some publicity – we are having what is known as a Virtual Launch!!! A chance to have a virtual party launch for those who can’t be present at Arundel. What you do, is click on to our Facebook page which we call Arun Scribes: https://tinyurl.com/ltpqtpk
Click on April 18th at 19.00 hours (until 21.00 hours if you want) and there should be some fun and chat to be had. There’s also an opportunity to win some books – there will be simple competitions throughout the evening – as well as music and virtual food and drink!!! (I can see you scratching your head at all this!!). See attached invite!

It will be another chance to get in touch with other writers too. There will be a prize (amongst others) from your friend and mine, Ruth Dugdall too!!!

If anybody clicks on that evening, just mention who you are and introduce yourselves – just as you would at a real party!!! I’m sure there are lots of new members since I left, but I hope to recognise some of you. We have friends from America, Canada, France, Italy and who knows where else, joining in!

Many thanks.

And if any of you are interested, take a look at our Arun Scribes blog page. Maybe we could twin each other???


Happy writing!
All the best


So there we are folks! One downside is that I have spotted is that the Virtual Launch clashes with our Scribblers meeting... Oh dear!

Dave