Formed over forty years ago, our Writers Circle is based in Felixstowe, Suffolk. Meetings are held in The Room at the Top in Felixstowe Library, normally on the first and third Tuesday of each month commencing at 7.30pm and finishing by 10.00pm. Check this weblog for details of meetings.

There is an annual November to November fee of £30, April to November is £20 and June to November £15. For members preferring to pay at each meeting the charge is £5 per meeting. To contact Felixstowe Scribblers simply email scribblers.1@btinternet.com or the Secretary, catherine.stafford1@ntlworld.com

Friday 1 June 2018

Our Next Meeting

This is such a sad time for us. Next Tuesday's meeting will begin with some happy memories of Mairead so your personal thoughts will be very welcome.

The meeting itself was intended for me to read a chapter or two of my story - however, depending on the time, I will step aside and let you all read your homework "The Crossing" first. We asked for 750-1,000 words this time so it will be interesting to listen to your work. If there is time after that then I will read a passage or two for feedback. The meeting is on Tuesday next, 5th June. Start time is 7.30 when the door will be locked.

Here is a comment that Mairead sent to her friend Carol in America. It was sent four years ago just after she joined our group:

Dave took the photo so he was the only one not in it, he is the President of the group. It has been in existence with over forty years now. And I have been there since July or four meetings.  I feel so very comfortable here.   I am with good people.   I told you I would get our of my house.   I have come to the very best place.   Now it is your turn to fly from the nest.

That is a short but very poignant message - both Carol and Mairead were in similar situations at the time. The photo, incidentally, was one that we took at the same time as the picture on the cover of "Words".

Until next time,

Keep Scribbling,