Formed over forty years ago, our Writers Circle is based in Felixstowe, Suffolk. Meetings are held in The Room at the Top in Felixstowe Library, normally on the first and third Tuesday of each month commencing at 7.30pm and finishing by 10.00pm. Check this weblog for details of meetings.

There is an annual November to November fee of £30, April to November is £20 and June to November £15. For members preferring to pay at each meeting the charge is £5 per meeting. To contact Felixstowe Scribblers simply email scribblers.1@btinternet.com or the Secretary, catherine.stafford1@ntlworld.com

Tuesday 17 July 2018

It's criminal....

This evening's meeting provided a great insight into the criminality of our writers. A very well attended meeting including a new member, Peter, and a visiting older member still tied up with his three year University course, Barry.

The variety of work was of a very high standard and most entertaining too. It really is good to be part of this group of unassuming writers with a penchant for creativity.

We had good wishes from Chris way down in Cairns - it's always good to hear from him. Chris tells us that he had written a story on boxing. He says, "It's a story about boxing, about which I know nothing. I had three compulsory fights at school when I was about thirteen. I lost two and won one. My father tried unsuccessfully to teach me, but he had nothing to work with! However, it’s wonderful what happens ‘in the zone’. I keep trying to explain it to people but get glazed eyes in return. I’ve got nearly 70,000 words of the story of Sam Smith of Whitechapel, who becomes World Welterweight Champion. My knowledge of boxing is looking half decent and I’m so enjoying the experience."

Good luck punching your way to success Chris!

Good news too, that we will soon have our Facebook page up and running again courtesy of Hazel. Thanks to Barry for the guidance.

Our next meeting is in three weeks time, Tuesday 7th August when the homework assignment of up to 1,000 words is:

"I wish I had said..."

That should open up a whole host of possibilities...

Until next time,

Keep Scribbling!!!