Formed over forty years ago, our Writers Circle is based in Felixstowe, Suffolk. Meetings are held in The Room at the Top in Felixstowe Library, normally on the first and third Tuesday of each month commencing at 7.30pm and finishing by 10.00pm. Check this weblog for details of meetings.

There is an annual November to November fee of £30, April to November is £20 and June to November £15. For members preferring to pay at each meeting the charge is £5 per meeting. To contact Felixstowe Scribblers simply email scribblers.1@btinternet.com or the Secretary, catherine.stafford1@ntlworld.com

Saturday 14 December 2019

The final meeting of the year...

Well the year has really flown by - it hardly seems a minute since we were welcoming 2019 in. Here we are within days of Christmas and heralding in 2020 which promises to be a fascinating and exciting New Year.

To prove a point, and hopefully the photo from Jim will make us realise how the months have sped by!

Meanwhile Steven has emailed the following:

I was going through a rough time. Lost my job. My girlfriend left me. Then, in a public place I broke down and cried. A nice couple comforted me. Didn't catch his name but from his uniform he was clearly an army sergeant. Her name. Tina. My story was so moving and heart rendering they cried too. I said to them. You're kind but....don't cry for me Serge and Tina...

And a true story from me... Yesterday (Thursday) I attended the Orwell Writers' meeting at the Hotel of the same name. When I got home I realised my wedding ring was missing. I've lost a bit of weight but the ring hasn't and must have slipped off my finger somewhere. I checked everywhere at home, the car, the couple of places I'd visited before phoning the hotel. This morning I received a phone call from the hotel to say my ring had been found in the carpark and a guest had handed it in. How lucky is that. Both my wife and myself are so relieved. On the radio, and this is true also, they said it was national lost and found day!

During last week Cathy and I, representing both our groups, discussed the forthcoming 2020 Felixstowe Book Festival. We will share a three hour session along with the Café Poets on the MORNING of SATURDAY 27 JUNE. That will make a change! Details are yet to follow.

Hopefully we will have a lockable box for our mugs and provisions soon, courtesy of Georgina's mother. 

And now to our next meeting. A simple 300 word exercise using "Shadows of the Past" or "Who ate the Biscuits?" or both as prompts. After sharing the work we will have our annual Xmas Party  so please bring along a few goodies - not too much, I always say 'just enough that you could eat yourself.' We hate wasting food! Then, afterwards, it will be time to say farewell until next year!

Keep Scribbling!!!